Monday, March 15, 2010

Card for Squigglefly Color Challenge




Good Morning,

Today is a very dismal day here in New England but my bright spot will be to have lunch with a dear Christian sister. She always brightens my life and because of scheduling we haven't been able to get together for some time. I call her my "Ellie fix" and whenever I'm down or confused she brings me right back to God's grace! So I am looking forward to today very much.

Now to the card I made.

This was for a Squigglefly color challenge and the colors were yellow, green and black. I just purchased this rooster a few weeks back and although I wanted one when I was using rubber stamps I just never got around to purchasing one. I wanted to use him in this challenge so I decided to make a farm collage...I had remembered seeing a barn on Squigglefly and thought this would be perfect so I went into SF and ordered it and within 15 minutes I was printing it out (ah the beauty of digi's). I also saw the sunflower and and had another aha moment. So I ordered that one too. When I went back to download it I think I discovered that I already had it (although I may have downloaded it twice, it's what my DH refers to as "Old Timers" he loves to rub in the fact that he is 5 years younger than me!). Ever done that with rubber stamps? I have and believe me it was a lot more expensive...the extra only made the price $4.00 total for both, so I don't feel too bad!

Got side tracked again! The card was made using SF Stamps and was colored with Copic Markers. I used the Wisped Frame Technique, from Technique Junkies Newsletter, around the images to make them stand out more.

Have a great week I know I will as soon as the yuckies move out...supposed to be in the 50s and beautiful later in the week..

Thanks for stopping by again love you all
Judy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This turned out so pretty!! Love the different images you've put together for this!! :)

christina d said...

I love your card! And haven't we all bought duplicates of our stamps? I haven't gotten brave enough to try digis. The computer worries me.

Phyllis R said...

Hi Judy
Great job , but you always do . I still do not know much about digi either. But would love to learn more..

Lori said...

Your card is really great Judy! I love the Farm Collage idea! I have bought duplicate real stamps, only to get home and find I had it. Luckily was able to return it for something else. LOL! Hugs Lori

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Judy!

Fur Babies

Fur Babies